Problems with The Rocket and Mac editors

Hi,

I registered Event Horizon and Verbiage this weekend and would like to register The Rocket also, but there is a problem. I use Wave Editor and Bias Peak LE. When I use Bias Peak I can’t get the list of presets to show up. However if I use The Rocket in Wave Editor I can’t disable/bypass it; it crashed Wave Editor. The folks at Audiofile Engineering tell me that there is no problem with the VST version, only the AU version. Since I use both of these programs for my editing I’d like to know if there are any known solutions.

Thanks,
Doug B
Rockit Juice Audio

Hrm…don’t know of any particular problem there, but I’d be willing to work with them on a solution.

I actually may have their contact info buried in an email somewhere. I’ll make a note to contact them tomorrow during business hours.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Scott

Thanks Scott. BTW, do you know why the presets menu does not show up when using Bias Peak? It’s there in Logic and Wave Editor, but not Peak.

-Doug

No sir, sorry. Do presets show up in other, non-Bias plugins? If others work, I’ll pester the Bias folk about what they’re expecting to make presets show up. All of our AU plugs are written to Apple’s standards and pass all AU validations (legally required by Apple for us to be able to use the Apple AU logo on our website), so I’m not sure what the problem could be. Is your copy of Peak older? If so, what was the current version of OS X when that version of Peak was released???

Scott

Scott,

Odd - presets show up in some plugins, but not others. I’m suspecting it is something to do with Bias, not you. I have the most up-to-date version, 6.0.5 running on an iMac under OS X 10.5.6. Argh. Another reason to make the switch to Wave Editor.

-Doug

Scott - I got an answer (of sorts) from Bias - “This is known issue with audio units in Peak. The work around is to go to the Peak Load button in the
plugin interface and manually locate the preset. You can find where the preset files are located in your user guides for the 3rd party AUs.”

So, where would I find the preset files for The Rocket?

Thanks,
Doug

Err…there aren’t any. The presets are literally built into the code. I’ll see what I can do about exporting them and posting for use sometime within the next week or so as I find time.

Scott

Hi, I can’t get the rocket or Major tom to work with Wave Editor. The AU plugins crash when you click the bypass and the VST ones say there is an error with the channels. However, Bad Bus Mojo works under VST. I’m using OSX 10.5.6 and the latest version of Wave Editor.

I recently got a copy of Wave Editor, so I’ll see what I can find out.

Scott

Any luck with Wave Editor?

The latest version of Rocket appears to work fine with Wave Editor 1.4.5. Bypassing does not cause it to crash.

Download latest if you haven’t already, and if you can get it to crash, email the crash report to support at stillwellaudio dot com.

Scott

Hi there, I have the same problems with “Wave Editor” and “Bad Buss Mojo” and other demos.
Can save presets in AU but on bypassing it is crashing.
VST can Not save presets , bypassing seems ok.

Any ideas ?

Friendly regards,

Michael

What version of Wave Editor, and are you running the latest version of my plugs?

OS version would be good, also.

Scott

Hi Scott, thanks for the quick reply.

Wave Editor 1.4.6
Yes, your plugs are the latest.
OS X 10.6.4

Michael
(removed all other from the component folder, no change)

When the AU crashes, can you send me a crash report? Please do so by opening a support ticket (see the sticky at the top of each forum about support policy)

Scott