Problem...

Greetings!

Your plug-ins came highly recommended - I’m looking for something better than the majority of “free” ones out there (you get what you pay for in most cases), and I have to say that I’m really liking 1973 and Transient Monster. I’ll be buying the licenses in the near future.

However…

I downloaded and installed Major Tom ( I REALLY wanted this plug-in), and everything appears to work just fine - just like the other two installs. I pointed the installer to my VST plug-in folder in Cubase (I created a sub-folder for the Stillwell plugs) and after restarting Cubase, I eagerly sought to commence playing and…nothing. No Major Tom in the folder. No Major Tom anywhere to be found in my plug-in menus.

The dll is there in the folder, right alongside the other two plugs’ dlls.

I thought perhaps I’d downloaded a corrupt install file, so I deleted everything, returned to the site, redownloaded, reinstalled…and there’s no Major Tom to be seen in Cubase, although the dll is there once again in the plug-in folder, right where it should be…

Frankly, I’m baffled. Any ideas, anyone?

I just realized that I posted this in the wrong forum.

Apologies all around, and feel free to move to product support. :slight_smile:

First: Depending on when you downloaded the plugin, download it again. I just fixed a graphic bug that crept into the 1.02 release.

Next: In Cubase, go to Devices > Plug-in Information and look to see that Major Tom is listed in the VST Plugins list. If it IS listed, make sure that the checkbox next to the name in the leftmost column is checked.

Finally: What version of Cubase are you running? I’ve verified that the build that is available for download right now shows up fine in Cubase SX 3.1, and we’ve verified in several other versions as well.

Scott

Thank you for the reply.

I’m using Cubase LE, version 1.0.10 in Windows XP Home. Dedicated recording pc with gobs of RAM and drive space.

I re-downloaded and re-installed just a couple of minutes ago.

Major Tom is there in Devices/Plug-in information. The left-most box is checked.

It is still [i:3ceb7]not [/i:3ceb7]there when I attempt to select it for use. The only parameter that is different for Major Tom when I look at the plug-in information occurs in column 4, headed “Nb I/C” where most all plug-ins have values of “2/2”, and a couple have values of “1/1”. Major Tom displays values of “4/2” in this field - the only plug to do so. What does this field represent, and could this be my issue?

Thank you again for the help.

David

4/2 means number of inputs and outputs. Major Tom will support 4 inputs (2 normal inputs, 2 sidechain key inputs) and 2 outputs. That shouldn’t be the problem. Let me double-check.

…time passes…

No, it seems to be working here. It shows up in the plugins list in SX 3.1, and it shows up on mono and stereo channels when I drop down, and it doesn’t crash on me.

shup.com/Shup/4555/107823104016-My-Desktop.png

Look at majortom in the list…it’s the checkbox all the way at the left in the blue column that I’m talking about. Do any of the entries on your copy not match what you see in the image above?

You might also try hitting the “Update List” button in the Plug-in Information screen to have it re-scan the plugins.

Scott

Thanks again for the help.

Everything is as it should be - except the plug-in isn’t there when you attempt to chose it. It’s listed with the plug-ins, the dll is in the proper folder, the proper box is checked, the list has been updated.

I’m not going to fret over it - thanks once again for the help. I’m curious if anyone else using LE is able to get this to function properly. Now I’m off in search of another good compressor plug. :slight_smile:

Ciao,

David

[quote=“slash5969”:d072a]
Thanks again for the help.

Everything is as it should be - except the plug-in isn’t there when you attempt to chose it. It’s listed with the plug-ins, the dll is in the proper folder, the proper box is checked, the list has been updated.

I’m not going to fret over it - thanks once again for the help. I’m curious if anyone else using LE is able to get this to function properly. Now I’m off in search of another good compressor plug. :slight_smile:

Ciao,

David
[/quote:d072a]
HEY try not to make a sub folder! just dump the .dll on the VST folder along with the others!
I have a copy of SE I will try to make a sub folder to see if it does the same!

You should be using this plug in by now! it is awesome…

ALSO Try getting a copy of SE wich is better than LE. You get more features… Ebay or something…