Logic does not recognise Plugins

Hi,

I purchased the major tom, i have installed it, am using an M1 mac. I have tried opening Logic Rosetta and rescanning all plugins, as suggested in another thread. It still does not show up.

Please advise.

Okay, so…

1. Make sure that you have rebooted after installing.
  2. Change Logic to launch in Rosetta mode.
  3. Launch and scan your plugins.
  4. Switch Logic back to Native mode.

You should find at this point that the plugin shows up. I’m not sure which step will be the one that actually fixes your particular installation, but after doing all of them it absolutely SHOULD show up.

I’m testing it on my M1 Mac mini and steps 2, 3, and 4 are not sufficient by themselves. I’m going to reboot and I’ll be right back to update here.

Yep, as soon as I rebooted and launched Logic, Major Tom was there. That may actually be the only thing you need to do - I know that the “reboot after installing new Audio Units” thing has been showing up for more vendors than just us for the past few releases of macOS - Intel or Apple Silicon.

If you continue to run into issues, let me know here or open a support ticket - either is fine.

ha - literally, a restart of my computer did the trick. I feel like an idiot for not turning it off and turning it back on.

Thanks Scott.
MQ

Cool, glad it’s sorted! Enjoy!

There’s a cool script called PlugInstall at https://pluginstall.com/ that helps with this situation. Costs $1.00 and is totally worth it. You click on the script icon and then LPX will recognize newly installed plugins without needing to reboot your entire system. I’ve been using it for a couple years now and it works great, including on my M1 Max MBP. Huge time saver when installing lots of plugins. :slight_smile:

1 Like