Schwa plugs & snow leopard

Thanks for the Betas Schwa!

I can confirm that Oligarc and Schope AU’s are working in Logic 9.02 and Live 8.09.

I also tried loading them in Kore2, where there seems to be an issue with the plug-ins cutting off audio from the preloaded instrument (I tried two different VA’s to make sure it wasn’t the instrument).

When I bypass the Schwa plugs on Kore’s GUI the audio from the VA comes back in.

Also, I noticed that there weren’t any VST versions included with the Beta folder… are these on the cards? (I ask because I had templated all of the Oligarc VST’s in Kore just before SL reared it’s ugly head!).

Many thanks and have a good weekend,

Alan

Will you release a snow leopard compatible version of CMX anytime soon?

the regular release of CMX should already be Snow Leopard compatible…have you tried it?

Scott

The regular release of CMX is not compatible to Snow Leopard. I use Logic 9.1 on a Mac Pro. The AU Validation crashes.

+1

I just downloaded the released version of CMX from here stillwellaudio.com/?page_id=267, onto a brand new imac with 10.6.2. The plugin passes auval and loads into Garage Band (I don’t have Logic 9.1 at hand).

Anyone having trouble with CMX in 10.6, could you make sure you do have the latest version of CMX, and if it does fail validation, copy the validation error here please?

I downloaded the last version and tested it with Garageband. CMX passes the AU Validation. But it crashes from time to time. In Logic 9.02 and 9.1 CMX doesn’t work definitly. My system: Mac Pro 8-core with Mac OS 10.6.2

Sorry for the frustration here, but I’m confused! CMX 1.03 validates, loads and runs fine here on Logic Pro 9.1.0, 10.6.2.

Can somebody who is having trouble with CMX in Logic please post the results of the failed validation scan?

If it crashes, please post the crash report, or email it to support at stillwellaudio dot com.

Scott

Sorry, I found the error. I forgot to copy the .key-file in the component folder. CMX runs. :slight_smile:)

Logic 9.1.1 running 10.6.3. CMX failed validation, report below. Any idea how i can get it to work?
validating Audio Unit CMX by Schwa:

AU Validation Tool
     Version: 1.6.1a1 
      Copyright 2003-2007, Apple, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Specify -h (-help) for command options

VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: ‘aufx’ - ‘CMX_’ - ‘Schw’

Manufacturer String: Schwa
AudioUnit name: CMX
Component Version: 1.0.0 (0x10000)

• PASS

TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:
Time to open AudioUnit: 417.353 ms
WARM:
Time to open AudioUnit: 97.847 ms
FIRST TIME:
Time for initialization: 0.005 ms

• PASS

VERIFYING DEFAULT SCOPE FORMATS:
Input Scope Bus Configuration:
Default Bus Count:1
Default Format: AudioStreamBasicDescription: 2 ch, 44100 Hz, ‘lpcm’ (0x00000029) 32-bit little-endian float, deinterleaved

Output Scope Bus Configuration:
Default Bus Count:1
Default Format: AudioStreamBasicDescription: 2 ch, 44100 Hz, ‘lpcm’ (0x00000029) 32-bit little-endian float, deinterleaved

• PASS

VERIFYING REQUIRED PROPERTIES:
VERIFYING PROPERTY: Sample Rate
PASS
VERIFYING PROPERTY: Stream Format
PASS
VERIFYING PROPERTY: Maximum Frames Per Slice
PASS
VERIFYING PROPERTY: Last Render Error
PASS

• PASS

VERIFYING RECOMMENDED PROPERTIES:
VERIFYING PROPERTY: Latency
PASS
VERIFYING PROPERTY: Tail Time
PASS
VERIFYING PROPERTY: Bypass Effect
PASS

ERROR: Changing max frames property did not fire off a property changed notification

• FAIL

AU VALIDATION FAILED: CORRECT THE ERRORS ABOVE.

validation result: failed validation

Download it again and install over the old version…the version on the website now is compatible with Snow Leopard. I just downloaded a new copy and confirmed with Logic 9.1.1 on 10.6.3.

Scott