Parallel Compression Problem

Hello, I always noticed that parallel compression response it’s very slow, you move the knob and you don’t get the full “effect” until 2-3 seconds after moving the knob. Can this be fixed?

btw, this is one of the best purchases I’ve done :slight_smile:

I don’t notice that problem here…what’s your DAW/computer/OS?

Yeah, I’d have to see an example of that…Rocket has no latency and I can’t think of any reason why a control should be delayed at all.

Scott

Hello,

I’m under XP Home SP3, Intel Centrino Duo T2500. I’m using Zynewave Podium 2.32, and few times FL Studio 9.1. In both host I’ve the same problem. In Podium I’m using my Edirol UA4fx ASIO drivers, and in FL Studio I’m using standart DirectSound drivers (through my Edirol too). You can see in the video how sound level moves really slow when I move that knob.

youtube.com/watch?v=b_Das8IM13I

If you need to know something more, let’s me know please

nothing?

I can reproduce the behavior…BUT…

The reason it’s doing that is that when you change anything involving gain, you get a potential for “zipper” noise…large discrete jumps in gain will sound like pops or crackles. So…when you change the gain, I keep track of where it was, and where it’s going, and gradually change between the two to avoid the noise.

I’ll look at speeding it up, because that does seem to be a bit much. On the other hand, I can’t make it change immediately or we’re back with noise that you’ll complain about even more.

Anyway, acknowledged. Please send an email to support at stillwellaudio dot com, which will create a trouble-ticket so that the behavior gets logged and you’ll get notified when it gets resolved.

Thanks,

Scott