What is this? unknown required load command 0x80000022

Hi guys,

Been a big fan of your plugins for years and have recently started collaborating with a colleague who is currently hooked on the Rocket Comp and Vibe-eq.

I haven’t had these for a while now so downloaded your current versions for instillation on my fairly ancient MacPro (running 10.5.8) and everytime they install and I go to AU Validate them they crash Logic’s Validator and the following error message comes up:

unknown required load command 0x80000022 FATAL ERROR: OpenAComponent: result: -50,0xFFFFFFCE

I’ve had a dig around and apparently this seems to happen to software that has been designed for a certain OS BUT on a later version of the operating system…

Any ideas if that’s the case?

Either way, can you advise me on what to do or do you have access to versions that were designed on 10.5 that I can try…?

Many thanks x

If you’re on a PowerPC Mac, then you’re plain out of luck…version 3.0 only supports Intel Macs.

We also have the OS X deployment target set to 10.6…anything before that may not have the required hooks in the operating system from Apple’s standpoint.

If you have a copy of the old version (or your friend does), you’re welcome to use it under the same licensing terms as the current version, but we won’t be making any further updates to it.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings…

Scott

I’m on intel…

Could you elaborate on what you mean by ‘hooks’?

And there’s definitely no copy in existence that you may have stored somewhere that’s compatible with 10.5?

Bless :wink:

Hooks = informally speaking about APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) exposed by the operating system for use by programs.

I’ll have to look if there’s an old copy somewhere…I don’t have links on the website currently, no. 10.5 is five operating system releases and seven years old at this point, and the last point update for it (10.5.8) was over 5 years ago.