registering schope

Hi - I have bought a license for schope but it keeps coming up as an unregistered product. I am running Windows 7 - 64 bit, so I downloaded the 64 version, which didn’t show up in Cubase at all. I downloaded the ordinary version which opens in Cubase - but doesn’t pick up the license. I have followeed the advice in the forum. I have deleted all but the one version. The licence key is in the same folder (VST plug-ins) as the dll.
My DAW is a very basic version of Cubase - 4.5 Essentials. Reading the forum on how to set up sidechaining, it seems that I can’t actually use schope in this DAW. Is that right? It’s entirely my fault. I bought a license (to fulfill all righteousness) before checking that it worked.
One last point: there is no mention of how to set up schope, or of sidechaining in the ‘read me’ file that comes with it. Do you think it might be worth including at least some basic idea as to how to set it up, or at least where to find out? How to set it up seems like fairly basic information. I’m stupid, but it took me a couple of hours before I thought of looking on the forum.
I would love to be able to use it: it looks like a very useful bit of kit.

Cheers,

Roy

If you can either post your order number here or email it to support at stillwellaudio dot com, I’ll make sure that your key file is valid. There is a sticky note in the Frequently Asked Questions forum about “I paid for the plugins, how do I make them registered?” that has the details on how to make sure you’ve done it right as far as copying the file, etc.

The basic versions of Cubase may not allow sidechaining, that’s true. You should still be able to use Schope, but you won’t be able to use all four channels. It will still work as a two-channel analyzer.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Thanks, Scott. My order ID is: Order ID: STI100503-9010-44101

I think that I may have opened the key file. Did I read in the forum that I shouldn’t have done that? When you say that I can use schope as a two channel analyser, I assume that that mean’s one stereo channel. I couldn’t put two mono channels in to compare them, because I can only use it as an insert on one track?

Cheers,

Roy

You can also insert it on a third track and route two mono tracks to it, panned hard left and right, respectively…that will allow you to compare two different signals in a single instance of SchOPE.

As far as the key file goes, as long as you didn’t modify the key file when you opened it, it’s fine…it’s just easy to do it and not realize/remember that you did it. Easiest thing to do is to just re-download it if you’re not certain.

I’ve downloaded your key file and tested it…it’s valid and makes the plugin show as registered.

As a general rule, x64 plugins will not run in an x86 host nor vice-versa, even if the operating system is x64. If you’re running the 32-bit version of Cubase on an x64 system, then you should indeed use the x86 (normal) version of the plugin.

Make sure that your key file name does not end in .txt, it should end with .key only.

Scott

Hi Scott, thanks for the information, that’s very helpful. I have resaved the licence key file but, as you suggest, it is saving as a text file. There are only two options for file type in the dialogue box drop down menu when I save it. It defaults to text file. Even if I select the other option (All Files) it still saves as a text file and doesn’t work. If I select run, rather than save, it still doesn’t work.

Hope you can help.

Roy

Just rename the file AFTER you save it, then.

Scott

I’m sorry to exasperate you: I haven’t been clear. The file saves with the correct name - 47225SCHP.key but windows classifies it as a text file. You cannot change that.

Roy

Ahh…you may have that folder set to hide the file extension for known Windows file types.

See here: windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind … extensions

And see if that helps you. If you turn off that option, you should see that it still does have that extension and you can then rename it properly.

Scott

Scott - That was the problem. Thank you so much for your patience and guidance, both of which are much appreciated.

Roy