Crashes in Pro Tools LE v8

Hi,

I’m running Pro Tools v8.1cs1 on an Intel Mac (OSX 10.5.8) and running the Stillwell plugs via the Fxpansion Wrapper (v2.1).

I’m experiencing ALOT of crashes… I’m using the Rocket, Major Tom and the 1973EQ, sometime on the same channel strip, and its happening every 5mins or so…

I thought the problem was isolated to instantiating or opening a plugin window. then I thought the problem lay when pro tools autosaves but its happening purely on playback now…

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,
Jimmy

I may have a fix for that. I’m out of the office up until the US Thanksgiving holiday, but I’ll try to work on it over the weekend.

Scott

Thanks Scott.

These are fantastic plugs but I’m unable to use them on my current mixes due to the frequency of the crashes… Looking forward to a fix and the better mixes that will follow!

Jimmy

Scott,

Did you have any luck with a fix for this?

Still having the same problem. Upgraded to PT M-Powered 8.0.3 and situation is the same.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Try the latest betas at downloads.stillwellaudio.com/stillwell/beta/

Be aware: 1973 has a new parameter for midrange bandwidth. It’s supposed to default to “narrow”, which is equivalent to the old plugin. Your host may or may not respect that default. Check your projects if you use the plugin.

Scott