Whens the 64bit AU's

I would love to give you lots of money to get 64bit AUs of all the stillwell plugs which will work in logic x…

I love how your plugins sound and they are pretty much now fundamental to how I mix. I would like to use the new features in logic x but I really can’t face losing the stillwell plugs.

:smiley:

Stillwell plugins are looking more and more like “abandonware.” The 64 bit betas appeared in 2010 and were updated in 2011, and as far as I can tell there’s been no movement since 2011. It’s a shame–the plugins were great, but I’m not going to hold off on using Logic X when there are good alternatives available.

When I bought logic X, and found that none of the stillwell plugs worked because LogicX won’t run 32 bit plugs, I sent a message to Stillwell, and got a slightly testy reply back claiming that it wasn’t clear why the plugs didn’t work, Stillwell would need to test them in Logic first. So somebody’s home at Stillwell, maybe there’s hope yet. But that was nearly a month ago…

Yes unfortunately it seems that I will never see updated versions of the 6 stilwell plugins that I have bought :imp:

I use other plugins I cannot wait years and years until newer versions.

If you are looking for a great cheap compressor by a little developer, you can search for klanghelm.
it’s upgraded very often, RTAS AU VST VST3 32 and 64 bit for mac and windows. :sunglasses:

Yes, Klanghelm’s DC8C compressor is very very good. Not as good for the bus as Bombardier, and not as good as Rocket, but good.

Also the tdr (tokyo Dawn) Feedback compressor is free and really really good, although it doens’t do any analogue simulation

I hope no one minds me posting this on here, but as a temporary solution I’ve been using this software:

soundradix.com/products/32-lives

Its still in beta (literally only a few days old) so it’s not perfect yet however ALL the Stillwell plugs are supported in 64bit.

I found it this morning and have been running ut with Logic X all day. It’s been quite good- 1973eq has crashed it a couple of times in 8 hours but everything else has been pretty stable so far.

Anyway- it’s a bit of a stopgap solution until the proper 64bit versions are released!

I hope this helps you guys as it has helped me!

Interesting…thanks for the post. Hopefully it will help some people that can’t wait for the full x64 update that’s in the queue now.

Scott

Got introduced to Oligarc last night on Loigc 9… Having LPX I eagerly await the 64bit version!!

Seriously good plugin this!

Hurry :slight_smile: