Event Horizon in Dp7.02

same here… osx 10.4.11 and no one of the stillwells will show the GUI.

no prob with the au scan and tests but it won’t show up…

it worked fine with digital performer 4.6 but since I bought waves ssl I had to move on to digital performer 7 in order to make them work, and now all stillwell plugs don’t work!

adding a line… now, with also digital performer 7 uninstalled, stillwell plugs don’t work also in DP 4.6…

strange world

That would happen because when you install DP 7 a new MAS AudioUnit Support bundle gets written over the old one, and I believe it is part of the cause for this happening. You will have to reinstall your older version of DP to get it back, unless you saved a copy of the old MAS AU Support bundle to put back in place. I only have this problem with Stillwell and Schwa plugins. Everything else works fine on my system. 10.4.11 Intel Mac,DP 7.02.

I now have confirmation from another user at Motunation that this is problem with Stillwell and Schwa plugs on Intel Macs with 10.4.11.

That’s fine…I believe you’re having the problem, that isn’t an issue. The problem is that I can’t reproduce the problem here and until I can, there’s not much I can do to fix it.

Yornor, what Mac do you have this running on? The only thing I can think of is on my G4 (which is REALLY slow), If I load a project that was saved with Event Horizon UI open, then it takes a while before the UI actually shows…the DP frame around the plugin shows up in a small size, but the UI of the plugin is one of the last things that shows up. That takes maybe 5-10 seconds on my machine (G4 Sawtooth AGP graphics, 1.5 GB RAM, 1.2 GHz processor upgrade).

It DOES show up, however, and it DOES load and pass audio and generally does what it’s supposed to.

I do have a request in to MOTU to ask them if they’ve been changing anything in the MAS AudioUnit Support bundle.

Scott

I’m running a 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon. The GUI will not open. I have query up at Motunation and have had another response from someone with a G5 and OS 10.4.11 / DP 7.02, having the same problem. It definitely has something to do with the new MAS AU Support bundle that installs with DP7. If I replace it with the older one from Dp 5.13 the GUI comes back in 7.02 but the controls on the GUI don’t work properly in 7.02. I’ve switched it (MAS AU Supportbundle) back and forth a few times to confirm this.

yeah I tested every combination and defintely it’s the new MAS Au Support Bundle… With the “7.02”'s one no stillwell GUI appear, while with the old one it does. I’m not on an Intel machine but PPC G5 with 10.4.11… can we do something to help you with the tests?

Make sure you’re not using Unstuffit or other third-party archive utility when you download my plugins. Only use the stock Apple Archive Utility. Download again if you need to be sure.

That’s the only thing I can think of…

As I said, I’ve got a request in to MOTU to see what if anything changed. My plugins adhere to Apple’s AU specifications, and all of them pass Apple’s AU validation test. Beyond that, I’m shooting in the dark if MOTU has changed something.

Scott

I tried again and the problem is always the same… I’ll wait for something!

Scott,I have just tried the new beta of Event Horizon, dated Jan. 12, 2010 and still no GUI in DP 7.02 on an Intel Mac with 10.4.11. Have you gotten any info from Motu on what they’ve changed in the MAS Audio Support Bundle?

Nope. Nothing worth reporting, anyway. We’re still stuck with the fact, though, that not everyone that goes to 7.02 on 10.4 has this problem. If it was truly something that MOTU broke, then EVERYONE would have the problem. I would have the problem…and it would have been fixed by now.

I know it’s frustrating, but hang in there.

Scott

Tried the latest Event Horizon installer dated Jan. 16, 2010, still no GUI in DP 7.02 / 0S 10.4.11.

yornor…I know. There was no change to the plugin…I had just completed the installers I’ve been working on.

Scott

news :question: :question: :question:

None. I have already said: it isn’t broken here. If I can’t reproduce the problem, I can’t fix it. If someone can show me a way to reliably reproduce the issue, then I will do my best to fix it. Without that, All I can say is “sorry…”

I believe that every one that has reported the issue actually has a problem, but the fact remains that I can NOT make it happen here. It works fine for me.

That is all I have to say on the issue and all I WILL say on the issue until someone can find a way that lets me see the problem here where I can debug it.

Scott

Since installing the Dp7.11 update the GUI is back for Event Horizon. Motu must have changed something in the AU support bundle. Even have graphics in 7.1. Just wanted to let you know.

Yeah, MOTU made a ton of changes to their AU handling in 7.11…they did a great job.

Scott