BBM is my new guitar amp

I have never really dug into the bad buss mojo, but it has always interested me, so I started messing around with it today thinking of it like an amp. The chain is guitar, tubescreamer, Hi Z, BBM, cabinet IR, vibe EQ. My goal was to get a heavy guitar tone that rocked as I have been less than inspired by my amp sims of late, and I don’t have a choice but to use amp sims at the moment. Long story short, I moved to NZ from Canada, had to sell my amp.

Anyway, I have to say that I got a rockin tone going! It sounded great! I also felt that it was more responsive than my other amp sims, and way less noisy. This is after about 15 minutes of tweaking. I think I’ll leave it for a couple days and come back to it, but as of right now, I am impressed.

Anyone else using it like this? Thoughts? Settings? Suggestions? Stories? I’ll try and post some sound examples in the next week or so maybe. I do think that the BBM may be a Christmas present to myself this year.

Here’s a suggestion and an explanation…

Try using multiple instances chained together.

Functionally, you can think of BBM as a single amplifier stage…tube or transistor, depending on which way you tweak it.

You can get some REALLY rich sounds by using different amounts of gain and distortion, and different TYPES of distortion, layered on top of each other.

Glad you’re thinking outside the box…that is EXACTLY the reason I don’t put presets or much explanation on the plugin…I don’t want to limit your imagination by telling you “what you should do” with it.

Rock on!

Scott

Sounds like a plan! I was thinking about trying to have one instance emulating preamp distortion, and then another emulating power amp distortion to get a richer tone. Although I think I need to spend some time researching different distortions and how they are achieved.

I really like the knee control on this. It makes it easy to dial in dynamics. Of course, my first attempt was all about tons o gain heavy chugga chugga type sounds. Now that the holidays are over, I have some work to do with this!

Thanks for the advice Scott. I’ll see how it goes.